The Client Service Representative is a temporary part-time position (minimum of 6 months, maximum of 12 months) that supports the grant-related administrative needs of the Harmony CDC Resource Center.
This position is responsible for screening and reviewing various types of financial assistance requests to assess eligibility and accuracy of required documentation. ensuring all documentation is provided, connecting with, and responding to clients/applicants via phone and email, pre-approving financial requests, and ensuring all records and documents have been uploaded in the online documentation system to generate weekly/monthly compliance and reporting statistics.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to accurate and detailed data review and entry, ongoing updates of client conversations and records, verification of documents provided, and determining eligibility for financial assistance based on various funding guidelines.
This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
Essential Job Functions:
- Effectively utilize an online, cloud-based application and database management system to process requests for financial assistance (mortgage, rent, utility, etc.).
- Process assigned applications in a timely manner.
- Ensure all required documents are uploaded in the files for financial assistance request processing.
- Communicate, by phone and email, with clients, landlords, mortgage companies, banks and others who may be needed to verify application documents.
- Document conversations using online database system.
- Provide excellent customer service while maintaining a high level of organization and confidentiality while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Assist in problem resolution.
- All other duties as assigned by the Program Director, Harmony Resource Center.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of customer service experience. Nonprofit, public service, and or government industry experience is useful.
- Associates degree or higher preferred but not required.
- Data entry experience is required.
- Detail-oriented and great email and phone etiquette.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Proficient in using cloud-based data entry systems.
- Ability to operate office and cloud equipment, including computers, virtual phone service, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Microsoft Office 10 Word and Excel experience is required. PowerPoint and Publisher knowledge is optional. Must be a quick learner who can maintain accurate records in a cloud-based database management system, generate Excel cumulative reports and manage emails and cloud-based calls
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Must have the ability to give and receive information clearly, both verbally and in writing.
Remote Work Environment
- Must have a safe workspace in a quiet area with no distractions.
- Must have reliable internet connection meeting the technical requirements of 50mbps.
- Multi-tasking is essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or special needs to perform essential functions.
- The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships, work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and reason through complex business situations is required.