We are looking for a Biology Teacher for our Upper School Science department. The study of Biology will deepen a student’s knowledge and sense of the awesomeness of God’s creation (Job 12:7-10, Psalm 104:24-25). This position will teach four sections of Upper School Freshman Biology.
- Execute given curriculum and follow schedule
- Teach biology content/lectures
- Prepare, facilitate, and clean up biology labs
- Grade and record all applicable assignments
- Work cohesively with other members of the US Science department
- Ability to build a good rapport with students
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- BS in Education with a major in Life Sciences or Biology, with a minimum of 12 hours in at least two different Science subject areas (i.e. Biology and Chemistry or Chemistry and Physical Science) is preferred
- 9-12 grade Science certification is strongly preferred
- Teaching experience in Upper School is strongly preferred
- Ability to effectively interact with students, parents and employees
- Agree with and support TCA's Doctrinal, Biblical and Mission statements and Christian values
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Normal physical demands of teaching (including, but not limited to standing, reaching, stooping, squatting down, kneeling, and occasional lifting)
- Must be able to give, receive and analyze information, prepare written materials and input information into computer.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with colleagues, students and parents, answering questions in a professional and friendly manner.
- Willing to partner with parents to provide an exceptional education academically, spiritually and socially; committed to educate and develop the whole person for the glory of God
Position: Upper School Biology Teacher
Department: Upper School
Reports To: Head of Upper School
Start Date: August 2023
Hours: Full Time - 10 months
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health, life, dental and vision insurance - Employer-funded retirement plan - 403b retirement plan - Tuition remission – Paid time-off – School holidays
The intent of this posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
If you have applied for a position at TCA within the last 12 months, please contact Dina Brown and ask to have that application submitted for the new position that you are interested in. We encourage you to send a cover letter for the new position, as well as updated references and employment history, if applicable. Depending on the new position that you are applying for, we may have additional application questions that you will need to answer. If so, Dina will contact you.