Harmony Community Development Corporation
The Case Manager, Housing is responsible for supporting a culture of a community-based, client-centered, and trauma-informed care organization. The position will focus on providing case management to individuals and families in preventing homelessness, ensuring housing stability and connecting clients to programs, services, and community resources.
This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct phone intake assessments and in-person appointments.
- Manage documentation for organizational purposes, as well as management and reporting for federal and non-federal grants.
- Counsel clients and/or their families to facilitate achieving housing plan goals, developing life skills, and/or sustaining financial stability, conducts activities and monitors the service environment in a manner to maximize client success and well-being.
- Attend community meetings that pertain to resources specific to prevention services.
- Ensure contract compliance and verify participants eligibility for program services.
- Network with community agencies for the purpose of obtaining information and coordinating service referrals.
- Work closely with other case managers, outreach workers, interns and volunteers to identify and access services and resources to help each participant meet their individual needs.
- Maintain current documentation and records of encounters, assessments and referrals, as well as other statistical data required by the program.
- Familiarity with community resources for homeless participants and procurement of new resources.
- Work with community partners to maximize the assistance for clients.
- Advocate on behalf of clients and families for services, basic needs, and other related issues.
- Work directly with the administration department for proper management and payment of services to landlords and utility companies.
- Compose or prepares correspondence, case notes, narrative and technical reports, notifications, and related documents using computer-based applications.
- Conduct comprehensive, client-centered social work activities in accordance with best practices.
- Stay abreast of community resources and procedures for referring clients to appropriate resources.
- Perform other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.