Trinity Christian Academy is looking for dependable and knowledgeable substitute teachers for the current school year and beyond. As a substitute you will ensure that the academically excellent educational and biblically based learning environment remain consistent when the regular teacher must be absent. Our substitute teachers are an important part of TCA.
- Review all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day as provided by appropriate supervisor
- Maintain as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of TCA and the classroom to which assigned
- Teach the lessons outlined and described by the absent teacher
- Assume responsibility for overseeing student behavior in assigned classes and in any other supervisory assignments
- Execute effective classroom management
- Use appropriate technology in support of the curriculum in the classroom
- Create, manage and participate in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives
- Follow all policies, rules, and procedures of TCA
- Perform other related tasks and assume other related responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the School Head
- Demonstrate the fruits of the spirit (Gal. 5:22-23) in daily work, and interactions with students and colleagues
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Previous teaching experience preferred, but not required
- Experience working with youth in an educational setting preferred
- Ability to implement lesson plans and manage students.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fully in line with TCA's Christian values and Biblical Statements and Policies
- Have a willing heart for service (Ephesians 6:7)
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Normal physical demands of teaching (including, but not limited to standing, reaching, stooping, squatting down, kneeling, and occasional lifting)
- Must be able to give, receive and analyze information, prepare written materials and input information into computer
- Must be able to effectively communicate with colleagues, students and parents, answering questions in a professional and friendly manner
Position: Substitute Teacher - Lower School, Middle School and/or Upper School
Hours: 7:45 am - 3:45 pm
The intent of this posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
If you have applied for a position at TCA within the last 12 months, please contact Dina Brown and ask to have that application submitted for the new position that you are interested in. We encourage you to send a cover letter for the new position, as well as updated references and employment history, if applicable. Depending on the new position that you are applying for, we may have additional application questions that you will need to answer. If so, Dina will contact you.