Trinity Christian Academy is looking for an Upper School Library Assistant for the 2023-2024 school year. The Upper School Library Assistant supports the daily function of the Upper School Library, helping to provide a welcoming library environment, assisting the students, faculty, and staff in the use of library services, and assisting the librarian in maintaining the library materials and systems.
- Library circulation, such as checking materials in and out, maintaining patron records, overdue notices, etc.
- Process incoming periodicals, maintain periodical display and stored collections, manage periodical distribution to faculty and staff
- Perform physical processing of new library books and other materials
- Shelve library materials; correct or adjust shelves; assist with library displays
- Help students, faculty, and staff with research tasks, using the library catalog, reference, and online databases; help library users find books to read for enrichment or recreation
- Other duties as assigned by the librarian
- Demonstrate the fruits of the spirit (Gal. 5:22-23) in daily work, and interactions with students and colleagues
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Must be teachable and attentive to small details
- Able to interact with teenagers in a friendly, encouraging way, and to enforce a quiet and studious atmosphere in a positive way
- Comfortable with computers and photocopiers, basic office software, and online forms; careful with data entry
- Interested in reading and books; willing to preview YA fiction
- Have a willing heart for service (Ephesians 6:7)
- Fully in line with TCA's Christian values and statement of faith
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Physical demands include (but are not limited to) standing, reaching high and low shelves, moving books and other library materials, shifting chairs and small tables, and placing small labels and covering books (requiring fine motor skills)
- Must be able to give, receive and analyze information, prepare written materials and input information into computer
- Must be able to effectively communicate with colleagues, students and parents, answering questions in a professional and friendly manner
Position: Upper School Library Assistant
Department: Upper School
Reports To: Head of Upper School
Start Date: August 2023
Hours: Full Time - 10 months
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Medical, life, dental and vision insurance - Employer-funded retirement plan - 403b retirement plan - Tuition remission - Sick and personal days - Spiritual Renewal days
The intent of this posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
If you have applied for a position at TCA within the last 12 months, please contact Dina Brown and ask to have that application submitted for the new position that you are interested in. We encourage you to send a cover letter for the new position, as well as updated references and employment history, if applicable. Depending on the new position that you are applying for, we may have additional application questions that you will need to answer. If so, Dina will contact you.