We know you have worked hard and put great effort into your education. The Federation of State Medical
Boards would like to help you do the same for your career. Interning at the FSMB in the Information Services department will give you the opportunity to work on exciting and up-to-date technologies. You’ll be able to leverage your abilities with immediate responsibility and stimulating work, and have the opportunity to grow and be recognized for your contributions.
You will complete a Proof of Concept Project(s) during your Summer Internship. The Internship can potentially lead to a full-time position at the FSMB. Projects will include one or more of the following:
- Robotic Process Automation
- Explore and implement a proof of concept using Microsoft’s Power Automate desktop to perform workflow tasks performed by FSMB’s Data Integration team.
- Data Quality Tool Review
- Identify and document use cases of existing data quality tools in use by FSMB’s Data Integration team.
- Working with FSMB’s Enterprise Data Manager and team, explore next generation data quality tools (e.g. OpenRefine/Talend).
- Implement a proof of concept guided by identified high value use cases.
- Email Data Mining
- Discover ways to extract targeted emails (e.g. all emails from a list of domains).
- Detailed manual analysis while working closely with FSMB’s State Medical Board liaison in the Credentialing department.
- Find and implement tools to categorized and report out results of the extracted emails.
In FSMB’s IS Department, our environment is focused on collaboration and teamwork. Our teams work closely together to deliver quality products and drive results. The industry changes quickly, so if you can respond to change, pick up new technologies quickly and adapt to shifting requirements and agile methodology, you are a great fit. Most importantly, you will be engaged in stimulating and meaningful work and will enjoy an environment that demonstrates a commitment to treating everyone with dignity and respect.
The Internship will include remote work, and as such you must have the ability to work remotely. Most work, collaboration, and meetings will take place online, but you may be required to come into our Euless, TX office.
EO/Affirmative Action Employer Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability.