Trinity Christian Academy is looking for a dedicated follower of Christ who is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about teaching music to our Upper School students. This position will be for the 2023-24 school year.
- Teach four sections of Upper School Choir and Chorale
- Organize and plan solo/ensemble/choir contests and competitions
- Coordinate with other performing arts teachers (instrumental, choral and theatre) in grades K-12 for events in TCA's Performing Arts Center
- Plan and direct two choir concerts annually
- Direct the music for the annual spring musical
- Conduct auditions to select students into Chorale
- Plan, coordinate and attend choir rehearsals providing necessary guidance to assist choir members in achieving the correct tone, pitch, rhythm, tempo, and harmony
- Create and present and implement an annual choral department budget
- Organize, order, and purchase department materials
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Music (Vocal) or Music Education required, or something similar
- Previous choral music director experience preferred, but not required
- Previous school music director experience preferred, but not required
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must agree with TCA's Christian values, Mission Statement and Core Values
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Normal physical demands of teaching (including, but not limited to standing, reaching, stooping, squatting down, kneeling, and occasional lifting)
- Must be able to give, receive and analyze information, prepare written materials and input information into computer
- Must be able to effectively communicate with colleagues, students and parents, answering questions in a professional and friendly manner.
- Some evening and weekend hours will be required
Position: Upper School Choral Director
Department: Upper School
Reports To: Head of Upper School
Start Date: August 2023
Hours: Full Time - 10 months
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Medical, life, dental and vision insurance - Employer-funded retirement plan - 403b retirement plan - Tuition remission - Sick and personal days - Spiritual Renewal days
The intent of this posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
If you have applied for a position at TCA within the last 12 months, please contact Dina Brown and ask to have that application submitted for the new position that you are interested in. We encourage you to send a cover letter for the new position, as well as updated references and employment history, if applicable. Depending on the new position that you are applying for, we may have additional application questions that you will need to answer. If so, Dina will contact you.