Senior Director of Operations
Saylite, a visionary leader in the world of lighting, is seeking a Senior Director of Operations to provide operational leadership and expertise as we transform and grow our manufacturing facility.
Saylite is a full-service provider of LED and non-LED configured lighting products and solutions serving commercial, industrial, and premium residential markets. Based in Carrollton, Texas, with additional facilities in Dallas, Austin, Houston, Lewisville, and Maryland, the company is developing the latest solutions for both practical and design-centric applications, employing an engineering staff that bridges the worlds of lighting, construction, design and technology. Saylites brands and products can be found illuminating a diverse building set including large retailers, commercial office space, industrial warehouses and a variety of premium residential structures.
Key objectives for this important role:
- Lead and transform the company into a world-class, high-performing, operationally-sound organization
- Oversee company operations to ensure business efficiency, productivity, and a cost-effective management of resources
- Analyze operations of the company to determine areas in need of cost reduction and program improvement or policy change
- Partner with the CEO to set short- and long-term goals for the company to promote profitability, stability, and growth
- Prepare and present reports concerning activities affecting the business operations
- Provide operational leadership for a leading lighting manufacturing company.
- Plan, direct, and oversee manufacturing operations, supply chain, warehousing and logistics activities to meet the companys objectives.
- Assist in the execution of operational initiatives such as lean production processes, production cost reduction, global supply chain, capacity expansion, and acquisition synergy/integration.
- Quickly identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, production/process change flow, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the chief executive officer and other leadership.
- Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements.
- Works with sales, engineering, and other departments to ensure timely and successful order deliveries.
Summary of Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in an operations leadership position
- Experience managing operations in a hands-on manufacturing environment
- Confident, articulate and able to influence at all levels with exceptional leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding people skills with the ability to take an independent stance and challenge the ideas of other managers while maintaining their respect and confidence
- Experience working in accordance with the values of a board
- Sensitivity to diverse cultures
- Proven ability to be a change agent, utilizing tribal knowledge to develop and evolve manufacturing processes, with the agility and flexibility to adapt to meet business needs
- Development and implementation of new operational processes and procedures; ability to culturally change long standing policies
- Previous experience with multiple focus factory units within 1 facility
- Deep understanding and implementation of LEAN
- Ability to develop and report management KPIs
- Acquisition integration experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus
- Bachelor's or graduate degrees in engineering or operations-related disciplines
- MBA a plus
Join us in this exciting time as we implement a new production philosophy and vision, which emphasizes leadership, safety, production, and quality at the level of each assembly cell/unit.
It is an amazing time in lighting! It can enhance life and work in powerful ways, with technology creating new opportunities every day! Join us to be a part of this amazing adventure!