Sales Support Coordinator - Showroom
Quick Summary of our Exciting Opportunity:
The Lights Fantastic showroom in Austin is currently expanding our sales team to keep pace with our growing business. The Sales Support Coordinator is responsible for providing the behind-the-scenes support to our inside and outside team of Lighting Sales Consultants. This involves setting up and tracking all projects related to supplying lighting, and associated products to our customers construction or remodeling projects. This also includes coordinating with the lighting sales consultants on quotes, proposals, sales orders, tasks, statuses, and deadlines, executing as required, ensuring steps are not missed and deadlines are being met. May also provide backup sales assistance in the showroom when sales consultants are unavailable.
The Ideal Candidate: The successful candidate will be customer focused, polished, professional, and possess superb organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills. Ideally, were seeking someone with project coordination or sales support experience, preferably in a lighting or construction building trades environment. (For a full list of responsibilities, and the desired skills & attributes, please take a look at Section III. of the job description below to see if theres a match between your career objectives/experience and this exciting role.)
Why Work for Saylite (dba Lights Fantastic): Enjoy the opportunity to have a true impact on the business, and be a key facilitator in bringing the lighting experience to our partners and customers. Saylite offers a competitive compensation package, a range of healthcare benefits, company sponsored life insurance, PTO, and 401k.
Heres the full Job Description:
Section I. General Overview & Reporting:
The Sales Support Coordinator is responsible for providing the behind-the-scenes support to our inside and outside team of Lighting Sales Consultants. This involves setting up and tracking all projects related to supplying lighting, and associated products to our customers construction or remodeling projects. This also includes coordinating with the lighting sales consultants on quotes, proposals, sales orders, tasks, statuses, and deadlines, executing as required, ensuring steps are not missed and deadlines are being met. May also provide backup sales assistance in the showroom when sales consultants are unavailable. This position reports to the GM of the showroom/retail facility.
Section II. Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
The primary duties of the Sales Support Coordinator consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Track all projects (project data, statuses, updates, etc.)
- Work w/lighting sales consultants to stay on top of projects
- Assist lighting sales consultants in the preparation of quotes, proposals, sales orders, and coordination with material deliveries to meet construction deadlines
Provide showroom sales assistance to project clients when lighting sales consultant is unavailable
- Identify gaps in project timelines
- Notify lighting sales consultants regarding upcoming deadlines during the life of the project
- Proactively escalate issues if/when time markers are not tracking to deadlines
- Change order follow up assist the team in identifying missing change orders
- Follow up with appropriate contacts to expedite return of missing change orders, to minimize risk of delayed billing or collection
- Track and follow up on Lien Releases (especially conditional waivers) to projects expected financial goals
- Follow up on projects w/30 day terms via calls and emails
- Create and maintain New Project Checklist
- Create checklist (capturing all steps from start to finish), and modify as needed
- Assist with gathering new project information internally and externally
- Ensure all required documentation/information is gathered and distributed to all parties involved in the project
- Set up project in the system (P21) capturing all billing data, tax info, contacts, etc.
- Ensure billing can begin at time of shipment
- Ensure payment of cash sale transactions, and accurate recording in the system
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal/external customers and vendors
- Participate in project meetings and project site meetings, where applicable
- Other duties, as assigned
- Section III: Necessary Skills and Attributes:
- 3+ years project coordination or project administration experience preferably in construction building materials industries (or closely related field)
- Outstanding organization skills and attention to detail
- Proven outstanding customer service/support skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and planning abilities
- Ability to assess and prioritize (with flexibility to change course as needed)
- Tenacity & persistence to overcome obstacles and achieve objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, and collaborative skills
- Proven problem resolution and decision-making skills
- Professional demeanor
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word & Excel)
- Ability to learn products & processes quickly
- ERP experience helpful (P21)
- Ability to work well both independently, and in team settings
- High School diploma or GED
Section IV: Physical Requirements:
- Visual acuity required to read computer screens, written documents, inspect materials, products, etc.
- Ability to speak and hear on the phone
- Must be able to work sitting, standing, stooping, bending, and in squatting position
- Manual dexterity required for computer work, to handle materials, supplies, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to work established business hours (generally Mon. Fri. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature & levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, & skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment & are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.