Make a difference in a growing, dynamic organization that has been in business since 1964. Saylite is on the fast track to become one of the most dynamic companies in commercial lighting. We are large enough to have a strong foundation, yet small enough for you to make things happen, and feel like you are contributing to the success of the company
We are seeking Assembly Associates to help us build and expand upon our strong product line.
It is an amazing time in lighting. It can enhance life and work in powerful ways, with technology creating new opportunities every day.
Join us to be a part of this amazing adventure!
In a Nutshell: We are currently looking for several Assembly Associates to assemble components and lighting fixtures. While some assembly experience is helpful, we can train the right candidates! If you are detail oriented, quality focused, enjoy hands on work, and have great reliability (attendance), we want to hear from you!
If this sounds interesting to you, please check out the full job description below. Then complete the application form and/or submit your resume via the online system. Thanks for checking us out!
Take a deeper dive – here’s the whole description!
Section I. General Overview & Reporting:
The Assembly Associate is responsible for assembling components and lighting fixtures with varying degrees of complexity. This position reports to the Director of Assembly.
Section II. Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
The primary duties of the Assembly Associate consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Health & Safety
- Adhere to all health & safety policies and practices, including wearing proper PPE at all times
- Actively follow a “safety first” culture with a “zero accidents” goal
- Exercise caution and awareness around forklifts
- Ensure work zones are tidy, clutter and obstacle free
- Identify safety risks in the work area, and advise management
- Help to identify resolutions to safety concerns & participate in implementation, as requested
- Immediately notify management or HR of any safety incidences (accidents, or near misses)
- Pandemic or other health concerns protocol:
- Before shift start, take temperature, and if temp is over defined maximum, follow company protocol (advise supervisor, answer related questions, leave the premises, get tested as required)
- Follow social distancing (work, break, common areas, etc.)
- Ensure all shift end cleaning is completed (work areas and tools cleaned and sanitized)
- Review product assembly instructions for each product being assembled
- Ensure all supplies and materials are available
- Carefully follow all assembly instructions
- Notify water spiders of needs (missing components, etc.)
- Advise leads or management of any production-related issues
- Wrap and package finished products per packaging guidelines
- Move completed product to assigned location for shipping pickup
- Achieve established daily production goals
- Ensure tools are well maintained – report concerns to lead or management
- Quality & Service
- Prior to assembly, report any defects in materials to leads or management
- Upon assembly completion, perform a visual inspection to ensure all components are included and assembly is correct
- Additional Duties:
- Rotate duties or provide backup in other areas as assigned by Lead or management
- Participate in annual inventory counts
- Must work additional hours as needed, including some weekends (when possible, advance notice will be provided)
- Maintain confidentiality regarding company business matters
- Other duties, as assigned