Make a difference in a growing, dynamic organization that has been in business since 1964. Saylite is on the fast track to become one of the most dynamic companies in commercial lighting. We are large enough to have a strong foundation, yet small enough for you to make things happen, and foster tangible results. We are seeking experienced punch press & laser operators to help us build and expand upon our strong product line.
It is an amazing time in lighting. It can enhance life and work in powerful ways, with technology creating new opportunities every day.
Join us to be a part of this amazing adventure!
In a Nutshell: We are looking for several experienced CNC Punch Press & Laser Operators for both shifts - day shift 5:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and afternoon shift 2:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. If this sounds interesting to you, please read the full job description below for the details of the job and the requirements! Thanks for checking us out!
Full Job Description: Punch Press & Laser Operator
Section I. General Overview & Reporting:
The CNC Punch Press & Laser Operator is responsible for setting up and operating the CNC Punch (Amada Vipros) and Amada Laser (Ensis 3015 AJ), making products to exact specifications, per plan and customer requirements.
Section II. Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
The primary duties of the CNC Punch Press & Laser Operator consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Health & Safety
- Consistently adhere to all health & safety policies and practices, including wearing proper PPE at all times
- Follow all machine & equipment safety protocols, ensuring factory standard safety mechanisms are in place & being utilized
- Operators following safe practices (correct speed, utilization, seatbelts, protocols, etc.)
- Forklifts are being maintained and inspected
- Maintain tidy, clutter-free and obstacle-free work zones
- Proactively identify safety risks in the work area, and advise management
- Recommend resolutions to safety concerns & participate in implementation
- Follow a “safety first” culture with a “zero accidents” goal
- Follow lock-out/tag out procedures when maintaining machines
- Immediately notify management or HR of any safety incidences (accidents, or near misses)
- Pandemic or other health concerns protocol:
- If exhibiting any pandemic-related symptoms, stay home, advise supervisor, get tested, and follow any other recommended protocols
- Pre-shift temperature taking – comply with temperature-taking protocol before going to assigned work area; if temp is over defined maximum, immediately advise supervisor and follow all protocols
- Wear masks or other prescribed PPE
- Maintain social distancing (work, break, common areas, etc.)
- Thoroughly complete all shift end cleaning (work areas cleaned and sanitized) before leaving work area
- Equipment Operation
- Carefully review plans and orders to ensure accuracy
- Setup and operate CNC punch (Amada Vipros)
- Setup and operate Amada Laser (Ensis 3015 AJ) with a 10 shelf tower
- Setup and position tooling per setup sheet
- Ensure machine is operating correctly
- Advise maintenance and management of any machine operations concerns
- Ensure quality and production standards are safely maintained
- Use calipers to check work within +/-.005.
- Inspect product via scanning process
- Meet or exceed production standards (on time and accurate)
- Advise team leadership or management of any delays or concerns regarding quality and timeliness
- Maintain order and cleanliness in department
- Communicate daily with department lead/supervisor and other shifts regarding safety issues and production status
- Input data into system to document job performance versus job travelers (work order) with required production data