Trinity Christian Academy is looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced Facilities/Maintenance Assistant Manager to help support facilities on 40-acre+ campus with over 300 employees/1470 students.
As a community, TCA is committed to pursuing God's truth in a digital culture. Through e4, TCA will equip our learning community with the technological resources to further engage our students, enhance curriculum and enable all learners to use technology well and wisely.
- Collaborate with teachers and administration to support the e4 mission statement in the classroom.
- Work with other Educational Technology Specialists to plan a system to train faculty.
- Collaborate with the technology support team to design computer images, infrastructure, and end-user training to support learning.
- Respond to user inquiries using tech-request systems and provide technical training.
- Work closely with Upper School Tech Stop which repairs students and faculty devices. Manage area as needed.
- Ensure all substitute teachers are set up each morning by providing necessary resources.
- Develop and implement efficient processes and systems for distribution, evaluation, repair, collection, and preparation of mobile devices. Identify opportunities for process standardization.
- Present and train new teachers and employees in TCA’s technology processes.
- Provide a system of professional development training in a variety of formats (small group, lecture-style, and online/video) and coordinate a large-scale training event. Evaluate training and make improvements.
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of tech integration.
- Assist with technology focused web resources and academic software/subscriptions.
- Research and thoroughly evaluate various software applications to implement in the classroom.
- Serve as a source of information on technology trends, research, applications, and effective practices related to the use of technology at TCA and make decisions based on technical expertise to meet the needs of TCA students, teachers, and families.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in Windows and Apple operating systems, iPads and software applications, cloud-based productivity system knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and electronic communication skills. Must be able to comfortably and effectively communicate and collaborate with co-workers on a team. Ability to listen, access, advocate and be open to differing opinions and learning styles.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and acquire expertise on new technologies and apply to the classroom.
- Proficient time-management skills. Must be able to efficiently manage and schedule multiple tasks and high priorities with minimal supervision and prioritize customer needs.
- Exemplary customer service skills and approachable disposition.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and procedures quickly and passionate about sharing appropriate usages and techniques with others.
- Experience teaching students and adults.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Normal physical demands of working with technical equipment
- Must be able to give, receive and analyze information, prepare written materials and input information into a computer
- Must be able to effectively communicated with colleagues, students and parents, answering questions in a professional and friendly manner
Position: Educational Technology Specialist
Reports To: Dir. of Technology & STEM
Start Date: January 3, 2023
Hours: Full Time - 12 months
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health, life, dental and vision insurance - Employer-funded retirement plan - 403b retirement plan - Tuition remission - Sick and personal days - Vacation days
The intent of this posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.