We are looking for a part-time School Store Associate to work with our School Store Manager in Big Blue. This person will manage the registers, recruit and oversee Big Blue volunteers, help with re-stocking and general inventory display and care.
General & Administrative Responsibilities
- Assist customers in the school store
- Manage the register
- Manage stocking, inventory care and display of the school store
- Manage and reorder snacks and drinks for Big Blue in collaboration with the School Store Manager
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Promote TCA and the school store at events (football games, new parent reception, etc.)
- Explore ways to expand business of the school store throughout the year
- Collaborate with School Store Manager and Assistant Manager on TCA-sponsored shirts and spirit items (selection, ordering, distribution)
- Perform other duties as directed by the CFO, and Director of Volunteers Services and Head of Schools Office
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Organized, attention to detail
- Friendly and even temperament
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- A problem-solver
- Retail experience
- High degree of ethical behavior and confidentiality
- College degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Fully in line with TCA's Christian values and statement of faith
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Normal physical demands of working in a retail and office environment
- Capable of lifting boxes, unloading orders, stocking the store, etc.
Position: School Store Associate
Reports To: Director of Volunteers
Start Date: August 1, 2022
Hours: Part-time, average 15-20 hours per week
The intent of this posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
If you have applied for a position at TCA within the last 12 months, please contact Dina Brown and ask to have that application submitted for the new position that you are interested in. We encourage you to send a cover letter for the new position, as well as updated references and employment history, if applicable. Depending on the new position that you are applying for, we may have additional application questions that you will need to answer. If so, Dina will contact you.