We are looking for a Middle School Learning Lab Assistant to work with grade-level Learning Lab Teachers to help teach study skills and executive functioning skills to students with diagnosed learning differences in the context of various subjects in the 5th-8th grade levels; the Learning Lab Assistants also manage the administration of all assessments in the Learning Lab.
- Manage the administration of tests and quizzes in the Learning Lab and assist students with their management of their academic responsibilities
- Assist the grade-level Middle School Learning Lab Teacher in the following ways:
- Monitor and assist students while in the Learning Lab with their organization and completion of homework
- Explain directions whenever necessary for completion of assignments
- Equip students with strategies and skills to set goals, become self-directed and be responsible for their learning
- Develop positive, encouraging, and supportive relationships with students while still holding them accountable to MS standards for academics and behavior
- Assist with the operation and troubleshooting of student iPads and technology used in the Learning Lab
- Assist the grade-level Learning Lab Teacher as needed
- Maintaining Learning Lab documents and files for Learning Lab students
- Assist in the organization and scheduling for quizzes, tests, standardized testing, etc.
- Transfer testing reports to electronic files
- Monitoring grades each week for each Learning Lab student
- Updating Learning Lab documents
- Overseeing test collection from and return to teachers for all assessments in the Learning Lab
- Ordering supplies as needed
- Assist students with creating study plans as needed
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- BA or BS in Education or in Special Education is preferred but not required
- Teaching experience in Middle School is preferred but not required
- Must be able to demonstrate patience, compassion, desire, stamina and expertise to support students and their families daily
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to different schedules, subjects, circumstances, personalities, and student temperaments
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Normal physical demands of teaching
- Must be able to give, receive and analyze information, prepare written materials and input information into a computer
- Must be able to effectively communicated with colleagues, students and parents, answering questions in a professional and friendly manner
Position: Middle School Learning Lab Assistant
Department: Middle School
Reports To: Head of Middle School
Start Date: August 2022
Hours: Full Time - 10 months
The intent of this posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
If you have applied for a position at TCA within the last 12 months, please contact Dina Brown and ask to have that application submitted for the new position that you are interested in. We encourage you to send a cover letter for the new position, as well as updated references and employment history, if applicable. Depending on the new position that you are applying for, we may have additional application questions that you will need to answer. If so, Dina will contact you.