We are looking for a dedicated coach and Christ follower to be the Middle School Wrestling Assistant Coach for the 2022-2023 school year. This position will be from November 2022 - January 2023.
- Plan, attend and organize regular season practices
- Plan warm-up, conditioning and drills for practice
- Attend pep rally when the Middle School Wrestling team is recognized
- Attend all Middle School Wrestling matches
- Assist with ordering all Wrestling team uniforms
- Assist with parent meetings
- Assist with Biblical character lessons on a weekly basis
- A strong commitment to the positive development of the Wrestling program at TCA
- Ability to instill teamwork and community within a group of athletes pointing them to Christ
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with middle school athletes in Wrestling, preferred
- Knowledge of the sport of Wrestling
- Ability to build a good rapport with student and parents
- Ability to motivate and improve performance of athletes
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Eye-hand, mind-eye coordination, physical dexterity
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, jump and run
- Ability to teach Wrestling techniques
Position: Middle School Wrestling Assistant Coach
Reports To: Boys Athletic Director
Hours: Part-time, seasonal
The intent of this posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
If you have applied for a position at TCA within the last 12 months, please contact Dina Brown and ask to have that application submitted for the new position that you are interested in. We encourage you to send a cover letter for the new position, as well as updated references and employment history, if applicable. Depending on the new position that you are applying for, we may have additional application questions that you will need to answer. If so, Dina will contact you.