We are looking for a dedicated Choir Piano Accompanist and Christ follower to play with our Middle School and Upper School choirs as needed.
- Accompany Middle School and Upper School choirs during rehearsals (approximately 15-18 class hours per week)
- Accompany Middle School and Upper School choirs during concerts and musical performance throughout the school year
- Accompany Middle School and Upper School choirs at choral contests during the school year
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Beginning to advanced choral music accompaniment experience
- Improvisational Skills are helpful but not required
- Interpersonal Skills using tact, patience and courtesy
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Normal physical demands of playing piano
- Ability to walk across an outdoor campus setting
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions
- Work cooperatively with others
- Some locations may have stairs and may not have elevators
Position: Choir Piano Accompanist
Reports To: Head of the Upper School
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Hourly wage for time worked during school hours - Fixed rate paid for time worked after school hours
The intent of this posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
If you have applied for a position at TCA within the last 12 months, please contact Dina Brown and ask to have that application submitted for the new position that you are interested in. We encourage you to send a cover letter for the new position, as well as updated references and employment history, if applicable. Depending on the new position that you are applying for, we may have additional application questions that you will need to answer. If so, Dina will contact you.