Trinity Christian Academy is looking for a School Nurse to provide nursing services, as needed, to students during our After School Care program. TCA’s after school care program offers supervised time for students to play, complete homework, and engage in other age-appropriate activities. The hours are M-Th 3:00pm- 5:30pm; F 1:00pm-5:00pm for 10 months.
- Provide direct nursing service and care utilizing professional assessment skills, the nursing process, and established school health protocols.
- Notify parents of accident or illness and secure medical care for students in emergency cases (if parents or emergency contact cannot be reached).
- Administer medications according to TCA's policy and procedures.
- Assess student problems and make appropriate referrals working with students, teachers, parents, and medical and health care professionals as needed.
- Communicate as needed with administration regarding health services issues.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required, including clinic records and accurate, updated health records on all students.
- Comply with policies established by Texas Department of Health Services and TCA's policies and procedures.
- Report potential health and safety hazards to Administration.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited professional nursing education program.
- Valid registered nurse license to practice professional nursing in Texas from the Texas Board of Nursing Certified by Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Minimum of two years of nursing experience.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Fully in line with TCA's Christian values and statement of faith.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Exposure to bacterial and communicable diseases.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, knelling, pushing, and pulling.
- May be required to lift and position students and assist non-ambulatory students.
Position: School Nurse for After School Care
Start Date: Immediately
Hours: Monday-Thursday 3:00pm-5:30pm and Friday 1:00pm-5:00pm, 10 months