TCA offers multiple athletic opportunities for its middle and upper school female students. The safety and health of our athletes is important. We are looking for a part-time Girl's Athletic Trainer to join our Athletic Department.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- CPR and AED Certification Required
- Current Texas Athletic Training License Required
- National Athletic Training Board of Certification
- Experience 1-3 years as an Assistant Athletic Trainer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with middle and high school athletes
- Ability to build a good rapport with student and parents
- Assist the Athletic Trainer with the athletic training program for student athletes.
- Ability to think critically and make independent decisions regarding the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of student athletes
- Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to apply appropriate treatment to treat student athletic injuries
- Assist with the planning and implementation of a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student athletes.
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests as assigned by athletic trainer
- Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
- Prepare athletes for games and practices by conducting evaluations and using tape, wraps, splints, braces, and other protective devices as needed.
- Identify acute injuries and provide first-aid triage, including assessing injuries and deciding whether an athlete should seek further medical attention and should discontinue participation in the athletic event.
- Assist in establishing specific procedures to be carried out by a coach in the event of a medical emergency.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
- Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes.
- Apply therapeutic modalities and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident, and treatment records as required.
- Maintain an inventory of training supplies and equipment.
- Requisition additional supplies as needed.
- Assist with concussion protocol for return to play and return to learning
- Must have the ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with little or no supervision
- Provide assistance with the coordination and supervision of Athletic Training services for all sports: 7th -12th grade
- Assist in providing medical coverage for all home athletic events.
- Maintain accurate athlete progress and documentation through sports injury tracking software
- Ability to communicate effectively in high stress/pressure situations when talking to athletes, medical professionals, families, athletic staff, and administrative staff regarding injury status and updates
- Organization and management of all athletic insurance claims
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Ability to adjust to conflict and difficult situations
- Continual walking and standing; moderate lifting and carrying; stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching
- Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and/or inside.
- Frequent district-wide and statewide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat and run
Position: Part-Time Girl's Athletic Trainer
Reports To: Athletic Trainer
Start Date: Immediately
Hours: Part-Time (10 months - average of up to 25 hours per week)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The intent of this posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
If you have applied for a position at TCA within the last 12 months, please contact Dina Brown and ask to have that application submitted for the new position that you are interested in. We encourage you to send a cover letter for the new position, as well as updated references and employment history, if applicable. Depending on the new position that you are applying for, we may have additional application questions that you will need to answer. If so, Dina will contact you.