We are looking for a dedicated teacher and Christ follower to provide support for Middle School students with learning disabilities and/or ADHD in order to maximize their potential for success within the TCA curriculum..
- Teach study skills and executive functioning skills to students with diagnosed learning differences in the context of various subjects in the 5th-8th grade levels
- Balance rapport/relationships with teachers and advocating for learning differenced students
- Serve as the primary liaison between teachers, parents, and learning differenced students
- Demonstrate the desire, stamina and expertise to support learning differenced students and their families daily
- Demonstrate flexibility to adapt to changing needs throughout the day as well as to different personalities, subjects, schedules, etc.
- Assist with facilitating and implementing individual student accommodations during assessments
- Assist with evaluating data and testing to determine the annual progress of all learning lab students
- Assist with ensuring all documentation is maintained and archived for each learning differenced student
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- BA or BS in Education or in Special Education, with Learning Differenced certification; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience teaching learning differenced students
- Ability to make difficult decisions and communicate reasoning and basis to others
- Skilled in working in a collaborative team-based environment
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, detailed-minded problem solver
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Normal physical demands of teaching
- Must be able to give, receive and analyze information, prepare written materials and input information into a computer
- Must be able to effectively communicated with colleagues, students and parents, answering questions in a professional and friendly manner
Position: Middle School Learning Lab Teacher
Department: Middle School
Reports To: Head of Middle School
Start Date: Immediately
Hours: Full Time - 10 months
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health, life, dental and vision insurance - Employer-funded retirement plan - 403b retirement plan - Tuition remission - Sick and personal days
The intent of this posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
If you have applied for a position at TCA within the last 12 months, please contact Dina Brown and ask to have that application submitted for the new position that you are interested in. We encourage you to send a cover letter for the new position, as well as updated references and employment history, if applicable. Depending on the new position that you are applying for, we may have additional application questions that you will need to answer. If so, Dina will contact you.