Trinity Christian Academy is looking for a School Nurse to provide nursing services, as needed, to students during our After School Care program. TCA’s after school care program offers supervised time for students to play, complete homework, and engage in other age-appropriate activities. The hours are M-Th 3:00- 6:00; F 1:00-5:30 for 10 months.
- Provide direct nursing service and care utilizing professional assessment skills, the nursing process, and established school health protocols.
- Notify parents of accident or illness and secure medical care for students in emergency cases (if parents or emergency contact cannot be reached).
- Administer medications according to TCA's policy and procedures.
- Assess student problems and make appropriate referrals working with students, teachers, parents, and medical and health care professionals as needed.
- Communicate as needed with administration regarding health services issues.
- Comply with policies established by Texas Department of Health Services and TCA's policies and procedures.
- Report potential health and safety hazards to Administration.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited professional nursing education program.
- Valid registered nurse license to practice professional nursing in Texas from the Texas Board of Nursing Certified by Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Possible exposure to bacterial, viruses and communicable diseases.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- May be required to lift and position students and assist non-ambulatory students.
Position: School Nurse for After School Care
Start Date: Immediately
Hours: Monday-Thursday 3:00pm-6:00pm and Friday 2:30pm-5:30pm, 10 months