Trinity Christian Academy is looking for a Summer Nurse to provide nursing services during our summer camps and programs. This position will run from May 31, 2021 through July 30, 2021, with June 14 - June 25 off. Hours are 8:30-4:00 Monday through Friday and the pay is $35 per hour.
- Provide direct nursing service and care utilizing professional assessment skills, the nursing process, and established school health protocols.
- Notify parents of accident or illness and secure medical care for students in emergency cases (if parents or emergency contact cannot be reached).
- Administer medications according to TCA's policy and procedures.
- Assess student problems and make appropriate referrals working with students, staff, parents, and medical and health care professionals as needed.
- Communicate as needed with administration regarding health services issues.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required, including clinic records and accurate, updated health records on all students.
- Comply with policies established by Texas Department of Health Services and TCA's policies and procedures.
- Report potential health and safety hazards to Administration.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited professional nursing education program.
- Valid registered nurse license to practice professional nursing in Texas from the Texas Board of Nursing Certified by Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Minimum of two years of nursing experience.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Exposure to bacterial and communicable diseases.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, knelling, pushing, and pulling.
- May be required to lift and position students and assist non-ambulatory students.
If you have applied for a position at TCA within the last 12 months, please contact Dina Brown and ask to have that application submitted for the new position that you are interested in. We encourage you to send a cover letter for the new position, as well as updated references and employment history, if applicable. Depending on the new position that you are applying for, we may have additional application questions that you will need to answer. If so, Dina will contact you.