This is a temporary position. We are looking for someone to be a long-term Substitute Teacher in our Upper School Science department. This position will teach four sections of Upper School Science, to include three sections of Biology (Freshman) and one section of Pre-AP Biology (Freshman). This position will run from the end of November through sometime in January.
- Execute given curriculum and follow schedule
- Teach biology content/lectures
- Prepare, facilitate, and clean up biology labs
- Grade and record all applicable assignments
- Work cohesively with other members of the US Science department
- Ability to build a good rapport with students
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- BA in education or subject area
- Biology teaching experience preferred
- Ability to effectively interact with students, parents and employees
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Normal physical demands of teaching (including, but not limited to standing, reaching, stooping, squatting down, kneeling, and occasional lifting)
- Must be able to effectively communicate with colleagues, students and parents, answering questions in a professional and friendly manner
If you have applied for a position at TCA within the last 12 months, please contact Dina Brown and ask to have that application submitted for the new position that you are interested in. We encourage you to send a cover letter for the new position, as well as updated references and employment history, if applicable. Depending on the new position that you are applying for, we may have additional application questions that you will need to answer. If so, Dina will contact you.