North Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc, (KERA), the PBS and NPR affiliate of North Texas, is a not-for-profit public media organization reaching the fifth-largest media market in the United States through KERA TV, KERA 90.1 FM and music station KXT 91.7. For nearly 60 years North Texans have turned to KERA as a vibrant destination for community engagement and lifelong learning. KERA produces original multimedia content, carries the best in national and international public television and radio programs, and provides online resources at a constellation of websites, including kera.org, keranews.org, kxt.org and artandseek.org. As we seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives to consider employment opportunities at KERA.
We are currently seeking an individual to join our Major Gifts team. Under the direction of the Senior VP of Major Gifts, the officer will oversee a portfolio of 200 donors, will be responsible for a personal revenue goal and will share responsibility for the achievement of department revenue goals. This individual will also assist with operational, administrative, and event activities designed to engage, cultivate, steward, expand and diversify current and prospective donors for KERA/KXT.
- Effectively steward the organization’s relationships with a portfolio of individual major donors through daily interactions, including written correspondence, phone calls, visits, and events.
- Write and/or produce communications related to Friends program including renewal and acknowledgement correspondence, newsletters and invitations.
- Maximize efficiency and accuracy of Major Gift’s program by effectively managing donor database account information through ongoing data input, data cleaning, the addition of interactions and research, and regular review of database reports and file pulls.
- Work with major gifts staff to develop donor and moves management strategies.
- Work with marketing and member services to grow and diversify donor base.
- Produce daily, monthly reports, yearly reports of departmental fundraising achievements and donor interactions.
- Support execution of marketing strategies and cultivation events for Friends of KERA program.
- Work with staff and volunteers to identify and cultivate new major donors.
- Develop strategies for increasing retention of current donors.
- Manage departmental financial reporting including reconciliation with accounting office.
- Participate in department-wide strategic planning, restricted funding solicitation of individuals and foundations, and planned giving program.
- Other duties as assigned