Trinity Christian Academy is looking for a School Crossing Guard to ensure the safety of our students as they cross the street going to and from school for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. This position is part-time, Monday through Thursday afternoons from 2:15-4:15, and on Friday afternoons from 1:00-3:00.
- Direct students across street after addressing traffic flow to identify breaks to allow for visibility and safe crossing
- Understand traffic laws, signs and posted speed limits around the school perimeter to effectively guide vehicles and people
- Communicate crossing rules and regulations to students and ensure their understanding for optimal safety
- Report the unsafe behavior of students to school officials to reduce the risk of someone getting hurt while crossing or waiting to cross the street
- Report unsafe drivers to the security office or Addison Police Department
- Place traffic cones in the street to call attention to the crosswalk during the designated school arrival and departure times
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Capable of learning and understanding of local traffic laws and regulations
- Ability to complete initial required training and periodic update training as required
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Social perceptiveness
- Strong eyesight
- Physical stamina - may be standing for long periods of time
- Active thinking and communication skills
- Willingness to work during inclement weather such as rain, heat and cold
- Ability to project voice authoritatively in order to be heard by and have control of groups of young children in outdoor environment
If you have applied for a position at TCA within the last 12 months, please contact Dina Brown and ask to have that application submitted for the new position that you are interested in. We encourage you to send a cover letter for the new position, as well as updated references and employment history, if applicable. Depending on the new position that you are applying for, we may have additional application questions that you will need to answer. If so, Dina will contact you.